Sunday, January 18, 2009

Will you be my bridesmaid?

So I've been coming up with ideas for awhile on how to design my bridesmaid cards and their gift boxes. I found a few poems that I like for each girl but I'm only in love with the one I found for Sam. It's just so us. I'm trying to find designs that I love online to do the cards in. Lots of contenders but I haven't found "the one" yet. I haven't figured out what all I want in their gift packages yet. I'm thinking about a decorated sugar cookies (or a couple of them) maybe cut up and decorated like wedding cakes or dresses. I could do this at Bonnie Rays. I wonder how much they'll charge me for each? I could package them in clear bags with ribbons. Too cute! Hm... we'll see. I was also thinking about making a bridesmaid tee-shirt or tote, depending on which on Hobby Lobby has on sale. I really wish that I had stocked up on those bridal party iron on's that Wal-Mart had put on clearance. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I'm also thinking about doing marble magnets with wedding type themes or in our colors. Those would be really cute and I think I have all of the supplies. I might need stronger magnets but other than that.... I'm also doing flower pens and a personalized notebook. I have all the supplies for the pens. I might get different flowers, I'm not sure if I want them to match my colors or not the ones I have right now don't. I'm doing a personalized picture frame with a photo of me and the girl in it. And a RING POP! How cute is that?


Sam's Poem
Through the in's and out's
And thick and thin
No matter what's happened
There've you been

you smile when I need it
and listen when I grieve,
you hug me when I cry-
and blow boogers on your sleeve

I treasure you friend
More than diamonds or gold,
and I promise I will
when we are saggy and old

So please stand by my side
when I say "I DO"
for I wouldn't be me
without a friend like you
Will you be my Maid of Honor


Teagan and Addyson
You are so very young, but the years will pass by
and you'll too be a bride, in the blink of an eye.

While you may not remember, the day that I married,
the part that you played, or the basket you carried.

There will be a day that will burn bright like an ember.
The day you will wed, you will always remember.

So here is a hankie, for the day you will say...
"I need "something old" for my wedding day"

Kelly's poem
You welcomed me with open arms
When I was strange and new.
A smile so warm and so sincere,
Caring, trusting and true.

A friendship would blossom
With each passing day.
Growing stronger and brighter
In many a way.

Engaged am I now
To be married at last.
And for you, Kelly, I have
A special question to ask.
Will you be my bridesmaid?

I haven't found one yet that I just love for Britt or Adrianna

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love love love your poem for Teagan and Addyson. It is SO unique. What a great idea to give your flower girls their something old!

    ReplyDelete