Wednesday, January 7, 2009

- Favors and Guest Book Ideas -

Posted on December 2, 2008



As much as I love the Polaroid guest book idea, it seems a bit pricey considering Polaroid has discontinued their instant film. I saw on the knot today about people using quilting squares and each person signs a square with like a sharpie or something and they can write well wishes and such then after the wedding they take the squares to be quilted and have a quilt from their wedding day that all the guest have signed. I loved it considering how much I love quilts and what a big part of Randy's life they've been. I think it's perfect for us.

I like the plantable paper idea too I just can't seem to find any styles that I like. They look very 2nd grade art project which is just over shooting my over all goal. My new favorite thing is homemade jellies in small canning jars. I figure this is something Teresa and I can do together months before the actual event then print our monogram on sticky lables and some pretty fabric over the top then Voila'! Cute, cheap favors that still go with the kind of people we are. Some Jelly ideas are

CranApple
CranRasberry
Rasberry Pomagranet
Cranberry Pomagranet
Orange Marmalaid
Tangerine Grapefruit
Grapefruit Pomagranet
Fig Preserves
Strawberry Preserves

There are tons more!
http://www.canningpantry.com/4oz-jelly-jars.html - 4 oz canning jars

I'm also thinking about making a simple kind of cookie then putting them in a small white bag, folding them down and sealing with ribbon and use the same sticky monograms only round instead of square for the fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment