Wednesday, January 7, 2009

- This day I will marry my best friend -

I guess my first blog should be an introduction. That's the proper way to do things I think. Well, my name is Lauryn Brook Smith and I'm from a little town in Alabama. I'm 21 years old and I work at a bakery. I love to create and plan so I am very excited about my upcoming wedding! I'm marrying a wonderful man named Randy Johnson. We met in 2005 at Books-a-Million in Oxford. I was picking up a book for an audition and he was the cashier. We chatted for a few seconds before I went on my way. A few days later I stumbled on to his profile on myspace. I added his as a friend and we began to chat online. I gave him my phone number a couple of days later and we would talk for hours. I worked across the street from him and on his lunch break he would bring me candy blast. So sweet. He asked me on our first date for the following Friday. He wanted to take me some place special and since I have a strong love of theater and the arts he got tickets to Taming of the Shew at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery Alabama. The night before he called me at 7 pm and we stayed on the phone until 5 the next morning. We had to leave at noon so neither of us where very rested. I actually slept the whole way home! On the first date! We've been together ever since. It's never been completely smooth sailing but everything that happens only brings us closer together. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. He's truly my best friend.

1 comment: