Wednesday, January 7, 2009

- Venue Ideas pt 2 -

Posted on December 7, 2008


So Teresa is not a happy camper about the Children's Harbor thing because it is an hour and a half away from Oxford making it hard for people to travel to get there. While I say, it's my wedding and as long as my family and the ones I love are there, I don't care who else shows up, I am trying to find a compromise as long as it doesn't affect the over all look and feel of the wedding. Britt gave me the greatest suggestion the other day. Matthews Manor (http://www.mathewsmanor.com/home.htm). It's where I originally wanted the wedding back in 2006 but I thought it was really close to Mobile or something then my darling MOH (matron not maid) mapquested it and found out it's only 40 minutes outside of Gadsden. Not too shabby. I'm still set on Children's Harbor but this is an option too.

I also looked into Rainbow Manor (http://www.rainbowmanorchapel.com) in Rainbow City but that's a big no. They do everything for you and there is no outside food allowed. This would be great if I needed a quicky wedding but I don't. I have a year and 5 months to plan and that is just what I intend to do. I email a friend of mine from high school who got married there and she loved it but she said they did everything for her and all she had to do was show up. I just don't want that. I'll post her email later.

No comments:

Post a Comment