Wednesday, January 7, 2009

- No Children? -

Posted on November 25, 2008


Randy nor I want children at our wedding. I think they are loud, touchy, and likely to misbehave, but I know that it's offensive to a lot of parents to not invite their kids. Like Holly said that if I didn't put Lexi's name on the invitation that she would be offended and wouldn't come to the wedding. Holly has a really weird relationship to her child so maybe she is the only one who feels this way, but in case she isn't I've been researching other alternatives. So I got an idea on a message board today. This woman sent out invites to the parents for the wedding then sent out a different invite to the child themselves inviting them to their own "wedding party". She hired or brought along an adult and 2 teenagers and rented a room close to the reception site and had pizza and candy and movies and activities for the kids to participate in while the parents where at the wedding. I think this is a great compromise. I could spend about 300 bucks max and keep kids away from my cake and out of other guest hair while still seeming courtious and clever. I love this idea! Now to find the venue and a location close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment